Friday, November 6, 2009

External GSM modem in Beagle board

My friend Tick just migrated 0xdroid to beagle-donut branch and then I go back to work on external GSM modem issue in Beagle board. This time I tried to connect two devices from my working Ubuntu machine via two USB cables. It becomes very easy to debug and trace the behaviour between GSM modem and Beagle board. I set up an ethernet bridge in Ubuntu machine (192.168.0.200) and two USB networks. One is to connect with NEO phone (192.168.0.202) and the other is to connect with Beagle board (192.168.0.201). All of these three devices can see each other. Therefore, I can use ssh or adb shell to control them.





GSM modem is a device "/dev/ttySAC0" in NEO GTA02 phone and I use netcat to make it be listened in port 4270. This modem becomes 192.168.0.202:4270 now. How to make Android to see it? I use a pty small program from OpenedHand. It's like a pseudo terminal and it can reads and writes to the socket. Running it can make GSM modem become a device "/dev/pts/0" in Android. After starting ril-daemon service, it would connect to GSM modem. Then, everything is like usual. We can camp to GSM network and can dial out a phone call.
I am going to close this issue and then file other issues about ril problems later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.