Version: beagle-eclair-0x5-sgx, beagle-eclair-0x5-no-sgx, devkit8k-eclair-0x5-sgx, devkit8k-eclair-0x5-no-sgx
Date: July 30, 2010
- Eclair codebase
- Feature: Major Linux kernel upgrade: from 2.6.29 to 2.6.32
- Feature: Support TI's Android PowerVR SGX (hardware 2D/3D engine)
- Feature: Support Android USB gadget: adb and mass-storage (issue #95)
- Note: 0xdroid no longer support usbnet gadget driver. Use adb or USB Ethernet instead.
- Feature: new Bluetooth Extensions -- HID (issue #102)
- Feature: Make Launcher2 really usable (issue #76)
- Feature: Make Gallery3D workable by fixing PixelFlinger regressions (issue #107)
- Feature: Touchscreen Calibration shouldn't require reboot (issue #94, issue #99)
- Feature: Robocat i2c port support (issue #134)
- Feature: Improved libgralloc for non HW accelerated target (issue #108, issue #133)
For more detail, please reference our roadmap and issues tracking
Where to download images
You can grab the image from here and following the steps described on the wiki page to test the image.
This release comes with PowerVR SGX from Texas Instruments. If you try both two images with SGX and without SGX, you would tell how amazing it displays photos in Gallery 3D application. Like ususal, it also comes with a happy Installer and it would bring you an Android Eclair system in few seconds. If you are looking for more details about the integration, you could reference to this wiki page.
How to build from scratch
$ repo init -u git://gitorious.org/0xdroid/manifest.git -b beagle-eclair
$ echo "TARGET_PRODUCT := beagleboard" > buildspec.mk
$ echo "TARGET_PRODUCT := devkit8000" > buildspec.mk ( if build for devkit8000 )
$ echo "INSTALL_PREBUILT_DEMO_APKS := true" >> buildspec.mk ( optional for adding prebuilt demo apks )
$ cd .repo/manifests/
$ git checkout -b beagle-eclair-0x5-release beagle-eclair-0x5
$ repo sync
$ repo forall -c "git checkout -b beagle-eclair-0x5-release beagle-eclair-0x5"
$ make (or make -j4 if there are 4 cores)